Skip navigation

Overseas Income Assessment

Why has this been sent to me?

This has been sent because HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) informed us that they don’t have a record of you:

  • currently being in employment in the UK.
  • being required to complete a Self Assessment tax return.
  • being in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or an Occupational pension.

What you must do

There are two forms with the pack, a Confirmation of Customer Details form (CNCD) and an Overseas Income Assessment Form (OVFA).

Complete and return the:

  • Confirmation of Customer Details Form if:
    • you’re working in the UK;
    • you’re resident in the UK but not working; or
    • you’re overseas for less than 3 months.
  • Overseas Income Assessment Form if:
    • you’re working overseas for a period of 3 months or more; or,
    • you’re overseas for a period of 3 months or more and are not working.

Make sure the details provided are correct. If any are incorrect or missing update them in the boxes provided.

If you’re overseas and don’t return the overseas form fully completed, the minimum monthly repayment amount, for the country you’re living in, will be applied to your account.

Completing the form – Help and evidence

To help you complete the form first time, make sure you find the correct information and evidence to return.

Your form cannot be processed without the complete form and supporting evidence.

background image
Site Search