Skip navigation

Plan 1 - Repaying from overseas


Overseas Income Assessment

If you will be overseas for more than 3 months, you will need to complete an Overseas Income Assessment Form to enable us to calculate how much you need to repay.

On the Overseas Income Assessment Form you should provide us with details of your circumstances and prospective income. You will also be required to provide evidence of your income or means of support.

We will then send you a repayment schedule showing how much you need to pay each month. Your monthly payments will be based upon the earnings threshold for your destination country – see Overseas Thresholds for more information.

If you have not yet completed an Overseas Income Assessment Form you can download it here:

Please note: this form should only be completed and returned to us once your account enters repayment. Repayments begin in the April following your graduation date or the date you leave your course.

Please also ensure that you have written your name and customer reference number on the form before sending it to us.

If your income changes while overseas

Normally your scheduled repayment amount is fixed for a 12 month period. However, you can apply for a reassessment of your scheduled repayment amount at any time if your income level changes.

You can also apply for reassessment if you are moving between countries with different threshold bands

You should contact us on +44 141 243 3660 to advise if you need your repayment amount reassessed.

If you are calling from overseas about Income Contingent Repayment and your account is in arrears

You should contact us on +44 141 243 3970 (open Mon-Fri from 8.00am to 5:30pm).

background image
Site Search